(Post Updated: 2/21/14) Voltage has just released their latest app, Kissed by the Baddest Bidder! Continue reading for a general review of what is happening in the story and a brief description of each guy to help you choose which stories you want to read! As I read and put up reviews for each of the individual stories, I will link them to this post. And let’s get started! (Portions in green are updates after reading Soryu’s Main Story. Read my review for it here.)
General Background: You are a hard-working maid at a well-off hotel. It’s an important time at the hotel: a bunch of VIPs are wandering around drinking and partying (well, Voltage states it in a much nicer way, but that’s the basic gist). Because you are an MC of a Voltage story, you are incredibly clumsy and not always the smartest girl in Japan. As a result, you break an expensive piece of art and find yourself suddenly being auctioned off to a bunch of people
who wandered away from a masquerade party in masks. Gentlemen of high caliber bid on you. Okay, not every wealthy guy can be drop dead gorgeous, right?
Anywhoo, lucky for you someone outbids the sketchy fellow from the above screenshot. And it turns out that the mysterious bidder is actually a group of 5 men. All the men are young, extremely wealthy, and good looking. Oh and, don’t forget, they are conveniently single. And you are told to choose the person who will own/boss/supervise/err… what’s the correct terminology for this sort of thing? I mean, you are already a maid. Now that you’ve been auctioned off, are you officially a slave? Indentured servant? And why do you get to choose who gets to own you? And how long do they get to own you? And–
Okay, I know that this is just for the sake of the story. But the premise is a bit sketchy. And confusing. Maybe I should just stop thinking about it.
My Personal Take: Since these stories take place with a bunch of a rich guys in a hotel, it definitely reminded me of Voltage’s app Seduced in the Sleepless City. However, they’ve added a more of a actiony/crime feel to it because the male cast is built a little differently.
And let’s meet the cast! (Descriptions garnered from the Prologue and Eisuke’s story.)
- Eisuke Ichinomiya: Arrogant. Bossy. Rude. Cold. Cruel. Reminded me of Eduardo from Pirates and a bit of Kakeru from the Devil series. Review completed; check it out by clicking here!
- Soryu Oh: Member of the mob. Appears to be quite the badass. Quiet. But observant. Close friends with Eisuke. Is described as a “woman hater” by the other boys in his own Main Story. Check out my review for his story by clicking here.
- Mitsunari Baba: The flirt. Funny and personable. A thief. (When you choose Baba during the prologue, one of the other guys asks if you are drunk. Haha.) Works at the convenient store at the hotel part-time. He’s “35, single, and ready to mingle.”
- Ota Kisaki: I believe Ota is supposed to be the Voltage hero who is younger than the MC. Is also a well known artist.
- Mamoru Kishi: Chain smoker. A reluctant cop. He and Soryu tend to butt heads.
I think I am looking forward to Kishi and Soryu. I thought I would like Eisuke, but I didn’t care too much for him or his story. I like bad boys, but I don’t also need them to be cruel.
Who are you most excited for?